<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Sad News: I just received a rejection email for The Promethean from Sundance. Rumor around town is that Slamdance has also announced the films it is showing and since I have heard nothing, I'm thinking the outcome is similar to Sundance. I'm bummed but rejection is an aspect of filmmaking that I am growing use to. My friend Todd Hamilton said something that really got me thinking. He said, "look at it this way: if you were a one trick pony and the Promethean was the only and best idea and execution of filmmaking you will ever do, then you have reason to be depressed. but you've got other ideas, and im sure you've learned more about filmmaking from making the Promethean and ill the films after that youre next one will be better. and if festivals dont take the next, they will take the next one or the next one."

P.S. Todd is now living in Mesa and looking for work. You can check out his website which includes his film projects, art, and scripts at www.toddhamilton.net.

Good News: The BYU TMA Office has agreed to send Cyndi the 2002 Final Cut DVD which includes a copy of Peluca (The Promethean showed in 2003 and they've decided for one reason or another not to do a Final Cut DVD). So Cyndi, I gave them your address and they said they would send it today.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?